Saturday, October 9, 2010

As we near the end of the first quarter....

So I haven't been very good about keeping this updated....oh, well.  I already have too much on my plate!  So here are some highlights of what we've been up to as we only have two weeks left in our first quarter.
These first pictures are from science.  We completed a unit on rocks, minerals, and gems.  To demonstrate how carefully you had to work to get gems, the boys had to mine Reeces pieces out of the peanut butter cookies with toothpicks.  They had fun and got to eat a pile of cookie mess.

 We haven't been doing as much hands-on activities as we did last year.  But here are two projects that Benjamin completed in week 7.  He made milk carton armor for Micaiah and a banner.  Ezra also made a Robin Hood hat (although it turned out too small for him to actually wear) and we have been enjoying some DVD's of famous people of the Middle Ages like Marco Polo and Joan of Arc.
Life continues to stay busy here...balancing school work, house work, home school group, AYSO soccer, being ball boys for the varsity teams, and having time just to have fun with friends and family.  There is always something to do!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya ... I finally updated my blog and saw that I missed all of September! It is midterm this week at UVU and I am loving the teaching experience -- but the prep and grading has been a lot of late nights and early mornings! Half-way through...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...But not as late/early morning as my comment looks on Eastern time :)

    ReplyDelete