I am really excited about July because I don't have to cook hardly at all. We leave Sunday for our week at Camp Fowler. Then we're home a couple of days and off to Iowa. We'll be back in August.
I just reviewed our main homeschool curriculum: Tapestry of Grace. I'm really excited to get started on it. I went over the writing assignments like creating a newspaper, writing historical fiction, creating outlines, journaling, and display boards. There is such a variety in the types of writing they will do, but it will all key off the history lessons. So they will be learning writing while using current studies to write about! I'm so glad we found this curriculum. The boys will have a lot to show for their first year of homeschool!
I have also joined Mohawk Valley LEAH (Loving Education at Home). This will give me more opportunities to meet other homeschooling families as well as participate in co-ops in the fall and spring. They also have a soccer program. So in the fall we will be AYSO soccering practices and Sunday games and LEAh soccering on Friday afternoons...I hope we don't get sick of soccer!
Hey sis - I hope you have a great week at camp and trip to Iowa this month! It was fun to look at and read your blog, so I have started my own for friends and family to follow Little Barron 2 (littlebarron2.blogspot.com). Stop by for a visit!
ReplyDelete