Today I've started thinking about how I'm going to get involved in more technology things. I would like to start a Facebook page; I would like to do scheduling and record keeping for school on the computer; and I would like to choose some photos to print.
Here's the problem: I rely on my husband too much. He's the one who likes to dabble and figure things out. I want to know the steps I must take to complete a task. Within the last hour, I wanted to get pictures off the digital camera and get some ready to upload to Winkflash to print. But can I find the right connecter cord-things? No. I call my husband...can he direct me to the correct cords? No. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................
So I am frustrated. I want to do things that I cannot do yet by myself. And I look around at my cluttered house and want to just throw it all out. We spent a summer here- nearly three full months- with nothing more than a laptop, clothes, a few toys for the kids, and a couple of oscillating fans and we had a great summer.
Here are my goals to accomplish before July 4:
1. Learn to download pictures from the camera to the computer.
2. Simplify my physical surroundings. It is time to let go of a lot of stuff...there's no time like the present to start.
3. Enjoy time playing with my boys at least every other day. I find myself sending them off to play so I can do other things more often than not. It's time for me to enjoy playing with them.
I'll let you know how I do.
Amen to goal #3.....what mom doesn't do that?!? :) To me that is a hard thing about being mom, especially during the school year! I too often send Katie off to play or something and put Caleb in the exersaucer or down for a nap while try to get those things done that don't NEED to be done.....and that I really don't want to do in the first place - playing with her and Caleb is one of the things I enjoy most!!! :)
ReplyDelete